Volunteer at North Dallas Shared Ministries
At North Dallas Shared Ministries, we have four main goals in support of our charitable mission to help low-income people assume as much responsibility for their lives as they are able:
- First, we provide appropriate emergency assistance.
- Second, we help them access entitlement, health and community programs designed to help them achieve long-term stability.
- Third, we promote their wellness and financial independence.
- Fourth, we develop resource materials that can lead them to additional services and support.
We provide service in the following areas:
- Emergency Assistance (Food, Rent, Utilities, Clothes)
- Medical - Dental Care
- Mental Health Counseling
- Job Counseling
- English as a Second Language
- Eye Exams and Glasses
- Senior/Disabled Food Program
- Income Tax Assistance
- School Supply/School Uniform Distribution
We have volunteer opportunities in each of our service areas. Our agency is open 9am-3pm weekdays and the first and third Saturday of each month from 9am-11:30pm. Certain services/programs are offered in evenings (various days/times).